Wednesday, 8 October 2014

Day 14: One goes forward, one goes backward

Day 14: When I put the big caterpillar in front of my usual lens with three macro rings today, this is what I got:

Abrostola caterpillar - larva 14 days old


I had to remove a few rings to widen my angle, in order to capture it.


The little caterpillar on the other hand, seems to have regressed, colour-wise? How is that even possible.

Here is the scale of things now:


Abrostola caterpillar - larva 14 days old
Big caterpillar is shaping up! Roughly 5mm growth in 2 days.


Abrostola caterpillar - larva 14 days old
The small caterpillar has grown a few mm but it's turning seethrough and pink again?


Abrostola caterpillars - larvae 14 days old
Big difference between the two right now






And just for fun, here's a few "portraits" of the big one:



Caterpillar bum bum :D

Abrostola caterpillar - larva 14 days old

Abrostola caterpillar - larva 14 days old





No comments:

Post a Comment